In love and flowerless


The other day at work my co-worker's ex fiance came in and brought her a dozen dark red, beautiful, long stem roses. She was less than thrilled by the sight of them. I on the other hand was slightly jealous. Well a little later in the day a patient came up to her and their conversation sounded something like this:


Patient: Those roses are beautiful! What's the special occasion?


Co-worker: There isn't one.


Patient: Well the only time my husband gives me flowers is when he is being a jerk and he's trying to make it up to me.


Co-worker: Yeah that's pretty much what these are for too.



Right then it hit me. That's why I never get flowers (besides the obvious Valentine's Day and anniversary) it's because Ryan is never a jerk and therefore never has to "make it up to me." After overhearing that conversation I just couldn't stop smiling because I realised how truly Lucky I am to have Ryan and how lucky I am to not get flowers.


2 comments:

Janna said...

That makes me so glad. I'm glad you guys have the love thing. Love you, too.

Leisha Mae said...

The love thing? Interesting choice of words Janna. :) Congrats though Am, a good man is always better than flowers. I love that you are so happy!