I GOT CRAFTY

One day I was bored so I started looking at random blogs and I came across some crafting blogs. Then I got in this really really crafty mood. I told Ryan I wanted to go to the DI that night and get some "supplies". Then we went to the new and amazing Hobby Lobby and got some other supplies needed. So far I've only finished two of my several projects but it's been awhile since I've posted on our blog so I decided to show what I have done.

Project number 1...

We found this lovely gold frame with these incredible tigers at the DI. I then painted the frame black, covered the back cardboard with cute yellow fabric. We then drew all the lines for the calendar that we wanted on the backside of the glass with permanent marker. When you put it all together it's the perfect erasable white board and calendar.
Here is the finished project!
Project number 2...
We have a shelf that is covered with mail and bills and other paper things that don't really have a place. So when I saw an idea to make a cute bill holder I thought it would be just perfect for us. We found this frame with the back board at the DI and I new it would be just perfect. I again painted the frame black to match. Then after buying a few cute fabrics at Hobby Lobby and a lot of measuring, cutting and gluing, it actually turned out and works wonders.


Don't you love it? The back board didn't cover the entire frame so we left a small gap at the top and we are planning on adding small pegs where we can hang our keys and things.










5 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all: you're a genius. Those look so GOOD. seriously i would buy those at a store. you're amazing.
Secondly: there's a hobby lobby? that makes me SUPER jealous. enjoy it for me, please.

Derek and Jen said...

I LOVE that calendar idea!! So cute!

Janna said...

FABULOUS! I want to do them both. Great ideas.

L.J. said...

super cool! I'm going to try that white board thing! congrats on being pregnant too! I didnt know! Thank heavens for blogs. :)

Leisha Mae said...

Wow Am! Both are so cute. How fun to get to make things!