Cambria Isabell

February 8th, 2014

Cambria Isabell joined our family about two and a half weeks ago on January 22nd.  She is healthy, beautiful and we couldn't be more in love with her!

When I was pregnant with Jaxton I went a week over my due date before my doctor would finally induce me.  So when my new OB said that he would be willing to induce me up to a week early I was beyond excited and jumped on that opportunity.  I was due Tuesday the 28th and we set the date for Wednesday the 22nd.  It was nice to have a definite date so that we could make babysitting arrangements for Jaxton and let my mom know so that she could get an airplane ticket.

We arrived at Mountain View Hospital in Payson around 7:30 am to get all checked in.  By the time they started the pitocin it was about 8:45.  Both my doctor and the nurses kept telling me it would probably be 8 to 10 hours before I would actually deliver.  Well contractions started right away but they were very mild.  Around 10 my doctor came in and broke my water and that really got things started.  By 11:15 I was in so much pain from the contractions that I was practically begging for the epidural.  About this time a new nurse came in and said that my other nurse was assisting with a c section and so she would be helping me know.  The anesthesiologist finally came in around noon, although it felt like I had been waiting much much longer than that!  He said by looking at me he could tell that I was going to have the baby in just a few minutes.  The nurse then checked me and sure enough she said i was ready.

She started setting everything up and my doctor came in.  He said that he had to assist with a c section but he would be right back to deliver my baby.  That's when all hell broke loose, or at least that's what it felt like to Ryan and me.  Right after he left the baby's heart rate started dropping lower and lower until it was consistently under 60 beats per minute.  My nurse at that point started freaking out.  She said that she was pretty sure the cord was wrapped around her neck.  She kept saying "We've got to get this baby out right now!"  Ryan and I got really worried but could do nothing but watch her frantically run around the room trying to set everything up by herself. She then got on the phone and told my doctor he needed to come right now to deliver the baby.  He apparently said that he could not come right then because of the c section.  So she got off the phone and said "Okay, I'm going to deliver this baby."  She then got back on the phone and told whoever she was talking to to send in the nursery and send in respiratory.  That's when Ryan and I really got worried.  When Jaxton first came out he wasn't breathing so we knew how scary that situation was.

She than had me start pushing and I had only been pushing for a couple minutes when my doctor came in.  He had me push a couple more times and then Cambria was born at 12:34 pm, only 3 hours and 45 minutes after starting the pitocin.  She came out perfectly healthy, breathing, and crying.  That was a huge relief!

Cambria Isabell Ossmen

Born January 22nd, 2014 at 12:34 pm

7lbs 1oz, 19 and a half inches





It was so fun when Jaxton came and saw her for the first time.  He was so sweet and wanted to hold her right away.  We worried about how he would handle having a little baby join the family but he has adjusted really well and is a sweet big brother!




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Amberly, she's gorgeous! What a beautiful family. Congrats!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful amberly! I am so happy for you!

Love suzie